Thursday 2 December 2010

My Station Ident

For our Animation rotation we were asked to make a 'station ident' as our final product. The brief stated imagine your facebook, hobbies, interests etc were all rolled into one and turned into an ident. Such examples that we researched were the infamous BBC idents that cover all their channels.
Our first week consisted of animating text as you can see from below, the jelly word. In this seminar, i struggled for the first hour but it became a lot easier by the end, eventually completing a jelly word that i was very happy with. Week two seminar was a different story. I spent 3 hours pretty much with my head in my hands pulling my hair out trying to make the jelly man. I did alot of work out of class time completing it  the main struggle being how to make it move with the 'pick form scene' action, once i had this it was all pretty straight forward. Whilst I got there in the end, I found 3ds max very hard to use and it proved a bit to stressful for me. I'm sure though if you know how, it's easy like I find photoshop easy for example. Some things you just don't stick too.

My TV Ident - Myles Harvey from Myles Harvey on Vimeo.


Sticking to my strengths, my ident consisted of a combined animation of both the text and the jelly man. Obviously i couldn't just do andrews animation just put together so I with the brief in mind, i thought i'd bring my music into it. Doing so i added the Deadmau5 track 'Ghosts N' Stuff' to the animation and got the jelly to sing and dance to it. With the text, i changed it to my name and got it to act like a credit for a film, moving to the front of the screen at the end. The main problem i had was that when i rendered it, i lost around 2 seconds of film, making my jelly out of time with the music. With a bit more time next time i will try and find methods to prevent this as i really liked the idea. Although i feel the effect is still the same and it is also quite similar to the Daft Punk video in 'my multimedia' how the characters mouths are out of sync with the music. The video itself is still as powerful and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment